Friday, January 3, 2014

Country Mouse Travels to the Big Apple

After traveling throughout western Europe and catching the "travel bug", I decided that it was time to discover more of my own country. Whenever a European found out that I was American, yet not from NYC or LA, they were baffled, but when I told them that I had never been to NYC, they were even more baffled! So I figured that it was time to cross the Mason Dixon line and head up to the Big Apple. Traveling requires my travel buddy, Leslie, which was perfect since she lives in Connecticut and is only a short train ride away from NYC. I spent the first few days with her and her family. They live in a quaint, picturesque New England town in northwest Connecticut.




After a few days there, we took the train (our preferred method of traveling) into the city. I thought Chicago and Paris were big cities, oh man was I wrong...New York City is HUGE!!!! I was so glad to be with Leslie and her brother (who lives in Brooklyn) who know the city like the back of their hands. Since it was my first time there, I had to do all of the typical tourist things:



Grand Central Station



Wall Street


Statue of Liberty


China Town


Rockefeller Center


Rockefeller Center


Fendi - 5th Avenue


FAO Schwarz


FAO Schwarz



Time Square


Time Square


It was slightly overwhelming but I can officially say that I have been to NYC. I hope to go back soon to see more of the city. I got more of a local's feel by celebrating New Year's Eve with some of Leslie's high school friends at their apartments. We got all dressed up (masks included) and spent the night going from apartment to apartment. It was a great way to ring in the new year!


New Year's Eve


New Year's Eve


New Year's Eve


Happy 2014 y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment