Monday, January 7, 2013

This is a new year...

All good things must come to an end. After 8 hours of train rides, we are officially back in Avignon. The last two days in Germany were amazing. Saturday night, Ina took us into Stuttgart and we were able to go with her to a youth service that is only the first Saturday of the month, what perfect timing. It was so incredibly amazing to see that many youth (around 250) worshipping the same God, even if it was in German! I was under the impression that most European countries were in the dark when it came to following Christ, but I was mistaken! Although, the numbers don't compare to the US, it was still mind blowing. Ina was a doll and translated the entire message for us. She did a fabulous job and I hear like I heard the message first hand. The speaker had great things to say and it was so encouraging. I have heard that France has a small percentage of proclaimed believers and I haven't been able to find a church here yet and unfortunately, the church in Aix is a bit too far without access to a car. I prayed that God would open up doors or put someone in my life that would help me find this community. I'm sure it has to exist somewhere close by! Sunday, we went to Ina's church in her town. It only has around 75 members, but I could feel God's love and presence radiating from every person in the room. Again, Ina translated the message and did a remarkable job. The pastor also had great words of encouragement. What a great way to start the new year!





No comments:

Post a Comment