Friday, November 16, 2012

Raclette, another French experience

Wednesday night our two Frenchmen friends invited us over for Raclette. This is a typical French dish that includes a ton of cheese and various meats. I like to describe it as reverse fondu because you don't dip the food in a pot of cheese, but rather you melt cheese and pour it over the meats. I have had it once back in the US, but apparently it wasn't the legit French version. My sophomore year of college, my crosscountry ski leader invited us over to her house for her version of Raclette. She used mini pickles, onions, various meats and veggies. I tried to explain this to my French friends, but they looked down upon this so-called "Raclette." However, after Wednesday night, I am an experienced Raclette eater and one step closer to being "French."

No comments:

Post a Comment