Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A weekend at the Gap

Our first two week vacation has officially come to an end. It was glorious. We (Leslie, Laura, Hannah and myself) spent our last weekend in Gap, France which is located in the eastern part of the country. There are three assistants there that we met in Marseille and they invited us up for the weekend. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! It makes me miss the mountains so much. We had an hour train ride then a three hour bus ride. The bus ride was equally as beautiful. We drove around the mountains and through all of the mountain towns. The weather wasn't the best the first two days, but that didn't make me less excited to be there. Us ladies wore matching travel outfits to see how long it would take the guys to realize that we all matched.


Saturday we got up early and went to the market. I love outdoor markets and Avignon doesn't have the best selection so I made sure to wake up in time. Our friends told us that we had to eat tourtons, which were lovely. They are essentially fried raviolis stuffed with different fillings. I got a spinach one, two goat cheese ones, an apple one, a fig one and a blueberry one. They were gone within 15 minutes. Great decision. 



After the market we went on a hike. Even though it rained the entire time and I didn't have proper rain gear, it was still beautiful. From one side of the mountain, you could see over the city, but the best part was seeing the country side on the other side of the mountain. The reds and yellows remind me so much of the North Carolina mountains in the fall and are the reason why fall is my favorite season. Just another gift from God. 







The view from Jimmy's apartment. Best in Gap.







The combination of being in the mountains and the Christmas decor, got me in the holiday spirit. Good thing next week I can officially start listening to Christmas music!

No comments:

Post a Comment