Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall is in the air

What a glorious weekend it has been. I don't work on Fridays so I had the whole day to myself, it was lovely. I just walked around and went into some different stores looking at clothes (which I'm not allowing myself to buy until my first paycheck). I went into this book store that has discounted books, my search for a french cookbook has begun. I have very high standards for cookbooks...well really just one rule: it must have pictures that make me hungry just looking at them. Of course I spent like 30 minutes broswing and still didn't buy one. But as my momma always said, wait and if you still want it the next day, go get it. I didn't dream about it or regret my decision, so I'll keep looking. Saturday, I researched hiking trails near Avignon and found one in Villenueve-lez-Avignon. We started the day off at the park in Avignon near the Palais des Papes. We knew that we would need some fuel for our long hike so we hit up the Haribo store that has a self serve counter. Haribo is literally the greatest thing ever and I am so sad that we don't have it in the US. It has become my new addiction and we always have 3 different bags in our apartment at all times. However, the self serve counter turned out to be a huge disappointment. 1. the candy was too hard because it sits out all day and 2. it was crazy expensive. A small bag turned out to be 7,5 euro!!! In fact, all three of ours were exactly the same price. I'm convinced the lady has to set to a standard weight and ripped us off. Needless to say we will be buying all of our Haribo at the grocery store. There is a Haribo Factory in Marseille that is on my list of "must-do's". After we got our candy we headed across the Rhone to Villeneuve. We found the trail and started on our way. When I researched the trails there were 3 options: 8k, 15k and 23k. We must have missed the turn for the 8k because the trail we were on seemed to have no end. We turned around and decided to wander through the town for a bit instead. We came across a market just as it was closing (naturally) and browsed the vendors for a bit. By this point we had been walking for 5 hours and decided to was time to head back home.







Another Sunday, which means more photobombing. This weeks goal was to be stealthy. It was kind of cloudy so there weren't as many tourists out as usual but we managed to get a few good ones!



It finally felt like fall today! Fall is my favorite season and for the past few weeks it has been hot! All I've wanted is to see the leaves change colors and wear my scarves! I finally got to today which made me super happy. Tomorrow is one of the assistant's 23 birthday, so 2 of the girls threw her a surprise birthday party. Leslie made a baked mac n' cheese and Laura made a chocolate cake. She had no clue and was so surprised, success!







I have my second week of teaching tomorrow. The director of the school I am teaching at tomorrow sent me the lesson plans. We are working on "The Hungry Caterpillar", so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment