Tuesday, July 19, 2011

rain, rain go away...

it looks like i brought the weather from ireland to aix. it literally has been in the 80s and sunny every single day since i have been here, except for today. there is a fresh produce market everyday but the big market with all the different vendors is only on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays. i still have a few items on my gift list to buy so i decided to wake up early this morning to go to the market. fail. it was raining when i got up so i checked the internet and it said it should stop by noon. i  kept my fingers crosses as i got ready hoping that it would stop and the market would be open. i get ready (thankfully i didn't straighten my hair) and set out into the pouring rain. naturally i didn't bring an umbrella or a rain jacket with me to france. fail again. i walked the mile to the market with my jacket over my head. of course when i reach la palais de justice i discover that the smart vendors didn't set up their tables due to the pouring rain. being the stubborn person i am i continue to walk around hoping to find anyone selling anything. after an unproductive search i buy my lunch (fresh produce as always...today cherries which are now out of season and crazy expensive). i finally make it to school with soaking wet berks, jeans thats are weighed down by the wet ends and a semi-see through white tee due to the rain - at least my hair was protected by the jacket. at this point all i wanted to do was curl up on a couch, watch a good chick-flick and have a huge cup of coffee. i settled for a baby sized cafè macchiato at the school which was only .50euro and i am asking myself why i haven't utilized this coffee machine before the last week of classes. today wasn't a total fail. after classes my host mom taught me how to make mousse au chocolat which was super easy and i will definitely be making it back in the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment