Thursday, July 21, 2011

je ne veux pas partir!

i just ate my last dinner with my host family, sad day. their son, daughter-in-law and grand-daughter joined us tonight. we had a traditional moroccan meal which consisted of couscous, chick-peas, veggies, chicken and raisins in some sort of really amazing sauce. for the first time here we had wine with dinner! it was a lovely meal. they mentioned something about curry, but considering french people do not like spicy food at all, i believe our definition of curry is slightly different. as wonderful as the meal was, it wasn't very spicy, but as usual i ate everything on my plate....and more. after dinner my roomie and i started getting ready for my last night out on the town (which i am currently waiting for her to get off of skype) and carla (the grand-daughter) came in and did my make-up for me. she is 6 which explains a lot. i had blush all over my face - including my forehead - and my eyes were quite scary looking. i discretely rubbed off all of the excess make-up without her knowing. i no longer look like a scary hooker clown now. while im writing this i am staring at my packed luggage next to my bed. i can't believe my 6 weeks here are up already (minus the whole finals thing tomorrow...psh). as much as i love and miss my family (that is a very sincere comment), i feel like this has become a new home for me. i am already checking deadlines for TAPIF (Teaching Assistant Program in France) for after i graduate in may. i might have also posted an application on "au pair world.com" to further prolong my denial of leaving here tomorrow. oh how i am going to miss this place - coming home in the evening to my host dad in his boxers, the crazy dog who barks not only when i come home but when i leave (?), and the amazing dinners that i am force fed. je reviendrai à aix.

No comments:

Post a Comment