Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Carottes râpées

One of my many goals this summer is to make as many french foods as possible. Today I decided to tackle a simple dish, but one that I ate on a daily (sometimes twice a day) basis: Carottes râpées. If any of y'all have ever eaten Chick-fil-a's carrot salad, it is essentially the same thing minus the raisins. There are many variations including lemon based and mustard based. My favorite brand was a mustard based recipe so that was the variation I went with today.


The key players for today are:

Carrots (5-7 medium sized carrots makes 2-3 servings)
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Dijon mustard
Salt
Pepper


Step 1: Shred the carrots into a bowl


Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Add 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice (depending on level of sweetness)
Add dijon mustard (to taste, depending on spiciness level)
Salt & pepper to taste

Mix it all together!

You can add more lemon juice or mustard depending on if you want a sweet or spicy dish. I added more mustard for a little extra kick!


Garnish with parsley and enjoy!


Bon appétit!

Additional Recipes:





No comments:

Post a Comment