Sunday, February 10, 2013

Just Can't Get Enough

The boys from the Gap love us so much, they came back for a second weekend. This weekend, we had the pleasure of hosting our friends Jimmy and Danny. When we went to Gap back in October, we found the world's best fougasse and every time I think about them, I drool. When we picked up Danny from the train station, he greeted us with three fougasse in hand. He even skipped his classes just to go on a fougasse hunt for us. Needless to say he is welcome back any time as long as he continues to bring treats from Gap. Ever since I found out that there is a Haribo Museum is a nearby town, I have been wanting to go so badly. Yesterday, we finally made it there. We got up early and took a bus to the town of Uzès. We started off in the main square at the market where I bought Magnolia's birthday present and Harper's first apron. I was so excited by these find and I can't wait to give them to my nieces. After walking around the market, we ventured to the museum. After walking in the wrong direction for 30 minutes, we found our bearings and finally made it there. We took plenty of pictures with the Haribo man upon our arrival. IT WAS AWESOME. I felt like a 5 year old on Christmas morning. We got a free sample bag of candy to munch on while we walked around the museum. We saw how the candy is made and all of the varieties that exist around the world. After the museum, we went into the boutique and bought tons of candy. I had to limit myself to two bags. We had three hours to kill before the next bus came so we ventured back into the downtown area. We explored the town a little more then found a cafe to grab a coffee and rest for a little bit. We finally made it home late last night. We all cooked dinner and spent our last night together playing card games. Another successful weekend with the boys from the Gap.













No comments:

Post a Comment