Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Arles & more

Finally the wind is gone! We have been trying to battle the wind and bike through it. We biked for a few hours but didn't get very far. Riding against the wind, was like riding a resistance bike. Leslie might have fallen over. Hannah and I did stumble across an apple orchard while exploring some more backroads. We brought home 10 apples and made an apple crisp! The smell of apples and cinnamon reminds me so much of fall time and was the perfect ending to a not-so-perfect day for biking.






The other day I decided to bit the bullet and purchase the train reduction card for 50euro. It has already paid off! By buying this card, all of my train tickets are 50% off. We are going to Montpellier this weekend and Gap the following weekend. Yesterday we took the train to Arles. It was only a 20 minute train ride away and it was super cheap with my discount. Arles is famous for its Roman architecture, its arena and it was one of Van Gogh's most visited cities. We walked around the city and saw all of the must-see sites and ate at probably the best boulangerie in town. It's nice that it is so close because we didn't feel bad leaving after about 4 hours. I'm so glad that I can finally mark Arles off the list, Nimes is next!







Place de Van Gogh



Home made soap



Frederick Mistral


Leslie & Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment