Sunday, October 23, 2011

fall.

fall, my favorite season hands down. while currently sitting in my kitchen waiting on my cinnamon apple crisps to bake i'm reflecting on what a beautiful day it was today. this morning in church the pastor asked us to introduce ourselves to our neighbor and tell them why we love the fall. here are some of my reasons...

1) first and foremost, the colors. i love the changing of leaves. the vibrant yellows, reds and oranges. the mountain region of north carolina has the most beautiful colors during the fall, of course i'm biased.


2) the smell of a bonfire, by far my favorite smell. if only there were a bonfire scented candle... 
3) the festivities. corn mazes, apple picking, pumpkin carving...just to name a few.
4) the cool, crisp air.
5) pumpkins. pumpkin anything is one of my favorite flavors - pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, and the list goes on and on....


6) candy corn, although i prefer the pumpkins (go figure). i make myself wait until october 1 before i'm allowed to have any.
7) fall clothes. jackets, sweaters, boots and scarves (my weakness). 
8) and last but definitely not least, thanksgiving - the best holiday ever invented. 



No comments:

Post a Comment