Wednesday, June 15, 2011

so blessed.

i have only been here a total of 3 days, but i already feel so blessed. i have to constantly keep reminding myself that although im in a crazy secular country where only a small percentage claim to be practicing Christians God is still with me. he has already shown up in small and big ways. today i had a rendez-vous with a girl who is an intern at the church that was started by people from my home church in charlotte! we sat and had coffee at a cafe and then she showed me where the church is and i met some of the people who go there. it's so great to have that connection here and feel a sense of home and belonging in a country miles from my own. she told me about the french teaching program she did this past year in aix. im thinking that could be a possibility for after graduation next year (sorry mom!) my classes started today and i love them already. i have two french profs and they are awesome. i was relieved that i understood every word they said...i think i finally found that french-english switch in my brain. although i was shopping today at mango (caroline's recommendation) and i was trying on these high-wasted pleated khakis that are really popular over here and these sales woman starts telling me how she has more upstairs and i completely froze and had no clue what she was saying. i quickly regained my confidence and starting talking except i am not really sure if i was answering her questions. anyways the pants looked terrible because of those kiser-hips i inherited (they will pay off one day when i have kids) and i was telling her how my legs were too big for the pants and she laughed at me, then i quickly walked out of the store. my goal is to find a pair that look good and fit in with the rest of the youngins here!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Brookie, I have those hips too, and they DO come in handy! Love reading about what you are doing! Thanks for sharing. Praying for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete