Tuesday, June 14, 2011

free wine and cheese, yes please.

it's only day two and i already know my basic bearings. so far i can get from my house to the school and from the school to the major market and shopping areas. just call me a native...minus the whole being an-american thing. although, twice today i did get asked a question by a random french person...one was for directions. i suppose that means i somewhat fit in, or i was the only person nearby...? a few local french students came to our orientation to tell us about the good places to shop and eat. one of them was a bartender at WoHoo's (the bar down the street from the school). he invited all the students to a free wine and cheese gathering, bad idea. the entire bar was packed with american students obnoxiously singing along to all of the terrible american pop songs. yes, i know what you're thinking...and you're right. i was also one of those obnoxious americans, but atleast i know that i was invading the locals space. every night at dinner my host dad tries to shove more and more food down my throat. although i have already eaten whats on my plate he insists i still need more food and offers me bread, cheese, and fruit....all of which i cannot turn down. when i came home tonight for dinner he was chillin watching 7th heaven in his boxers yet again. he and his wife took a trip to the states recently and he has decided to call me brooklyn (which sounds like brooklie in a french accent) because of his obsession with america. their 6 year-old granddaughter was here today and she came and talked with me for awhile. i love how natural it is to switch from english to french. i decided to be a tourist today and take some pictures of my town...enjoy!


le cour mirabeau


le centre ville


la vue de ma maison

No comments:

Post a Comment